Hello everyone! Welcome back! I hope you had a great weekend. Today, I’ve got one more Silly Goose project for you. This card features another one of our new colors Azure Afternoon. This color will be available beginning on May 2nd. And, make sure you hop back to Friday’s post to see three more Silly Goose cards, all featuring other new Stampin’ Up colors.
While cleaning out cabinets in my studio in preparation for our move in June, I found an old “Technique Notebook” I had created, probably 12 or 13 years ago. I flipped through it and found most of the “techniques” featured products we don’t even carry anymore. But, one jumped out at me- Wax Paper Resist. Boy, that’s an oldie but goodie! So, I ran to my kitchen to grab my Wax paper.
This is a very simple technique:
1. Crumble up a piece of Wax Paper and then smooth it out.
2. Lay your Wax Paper on top of a quarter sheet of Basic White Cardstock.
3. Place a piece of scrap paper, like copy paper or Grid Paper, on top of the wax paper.
4. With a warm iron, slowly move over the top sheet, moving back and forth, enough to cover the while piece several times.
5. Remove the top piece and Wax Paper, and throw them away.
6. Using a Blending Brush, add Azure Afternoon ink all over the Basic White piece. This will reveal the beautiful pattern that I think looks like water. The wax that transfered to your cardstock will resist the ink.
7. Cut your cardstock to the size of your card front.
I cut my Basic White piece to 5″ X 3 3/4″ and mounted it on a 5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″ piece of Azure Afternoon Cardstock. Other products used include Azure Afternoon DSP, from the new Brights DSP Pack, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Azure Afternoon, Pumpkin PIe and Lemon Lolly Stampin’ Blends, Stylish Shape Dies and In Color Twine. All the new color products will be available on May 2nd in our new Annual Catalog.
Remember, if you’d like last week’s Facebook Friday projects for free, please use Host Code MBPQ6J6Y. All orders placed by midnight tonight (Monday, April 17th) over $35 will earn the projects for free. I will mail them out on Wednesday.
You can shop in my online store here